Truth Singer & Social Shaman

A site for Personal Mythology and Social Shamanism. A place for our voices to speak their truths and share our unique selves without fear. Dedicated to living a life on purpose, helping others find their visions and lay the path to happiness. A home for all students of life striving towards spirituality, serving the universe and living our divine plans.

Saturday, May 21, 2005

Poem:The Voice of Hope

I wrote this a few years back as sort of an internal dialog/automatic writing.

The first line was always the excuse, question, prayer, hope, problem and the rest of the lines in a stanza were what I heard as an answer.

I know I write kind of flowery, but that's just how I see things and hear them. Hope its not too distracting. I reread this today because I was feeling really down. I had a few really UP weeks and then the past week has been let down after let down.

I can see that I'm running out of energy despite remembering to ground myself and I'm having a lot of trouble with indecision eating away my power. I hope this makes sense to others and perhaps means something to someone else. Thanks for listening. ______________________________________________________
October 13, 1999
Voice of Hope

Meditations on the inventions of the modern sin, stolen moments and aches that will not heal.

“Shove me, beat me, push me away, the garbage of society, a whole new way to feel”

You’ve been stripped of your humanity, invited the parasites,
Open up your rotting flesh and cleanse the need to fight,
I’ll bring the water of pure birth to wash away the dirt
Infections cured, diseases eased and all your pains and hurt.

“There’s no way to warm this chill, my soul’s far gone and sick...”

Open up your retching soul, expel the ancient grit
Spew the nights of loneliness and feed the candle wick.
Push away the hallowed grave, let new religion grow.
The kind that feeds on healthy things, the kind that lets life flow.

“Instill in me the sense of peace the need for better things.”

Open up your heart to receive wonder that life brings,
Throw up all the angered hate and scalding gulps of fear,
When the poison’s been let out, you will not disappear,
You’ll find the voice of childhood, a voice for all to hear.

“But how shall I survive these things, how can I be more?”

I’ll hold you in the dead of night, I’ll keep you safe and warm,
I’ll teach you with my body and I’ll keep you safe from harm.
Let the rift of life play on, let your spirit heal
Joy was never meant to carry all the guilt you feel.

“It’s been so long I’ve been away, so far that I’ve had to roam.”

That’s right my sweet evicted soul, but now you can come home,
The candle’s lit within your eyes, you have found your tao.
The rest and peace and love you seek are here beside you now,
Trust in yourself, you’ve earned this space, there’s no need to bow.

Goodnight for now, my sleeping light, and know this sheltered calm,
In the morning I will not be here, but hope will not have gone,
And every time you think to sob, or wail into the sky,
Remember this and wonder why,

When all was lost and mistakes were given flight,
She who caused this wicked vent, Pandora of the tale,
her eyes pained and sad with mortal blight,
looked into the box and HOPE still met her sight.

IF there but be one moment left, where in you make a choice,
Make it one you’ll never grieve, make it with YOUR voice.
Let the tone of truth ring out, and burn your fire bright.

Sins

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home